The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Software for your PC
Available on campus
- ClaroRead: available on Student PCs
- Workrave: available on Student PCs
- Visual Studio for University-owned Windows PCs: email email@example.com
- Available from Templeman Library Welcome Desk (KentOne card needed):
- Arcrview (Windows)
- Exceed - Open Text (Windows)
- Maple (all operating systems)
- Matlab (Windows or Mac):
- staff and research postgraduates can borrow a DVD
- all students can use it on Student PCs
- Minitab (Windows)
- Nvivo (Windows)
- SAS (Windows)
- Sigmaplot (Windows): for use on University-owned PCs only
- SPSS - PASW Statistics (Windows/Mac)
- Microsoft software: buy Windows, Office or other titles at a discounted rate.
- Anti-virus and malware software: free software and advice.
- Peer to peer software use: to comply with IT regulations you must read our guidelines on downloading material.
Managing academic references
Reference management software makes it easy for you to create, store and re-use bibliographical information for use in essays and dissertations.
About the software
Software for staff and students is available either as part of our licensing agreement, or can be bought at an educational discount.
It can be used on your own computer unless otherwise specified.