The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Study Bedroom Service
Connecting from campus bedrooms to the Kent network and the Internet.
Connect from Canterbury bedrooms
You can get online in your room using a wireless or wired connection. Online streaming and gaming may be faster using the wire.
If your WiFi connection is weak in your bedroom, restart your device and check again to see if it can pick up a stronger signal. If it is still weak, let us know so we can help.
Before you arrive on campus
Got a computer/laptop? You can setup your connection to Kent WiFi from home.
Watch a short clip about getting connected
Connect your PC/laptop from your room
- Check the system requirements to ensure you can connect.
- Plug your red network cable into your computer and the network socket in the wall (it should be in your room), if not pick one up from your accommodation reception or the IT & Library Support Desk in the Templeman Library.
- Open up a web browser:If you don't see the Connect to the network web page, go to this web address: http://campman.kent.ac.uk
- Follow the links to set up your wired and wireless connection (there is no need to setup WiFi if you have already set up your connection either from home or in a different location on campus).
- Mac users: If you have OS X 10.7, you may need to follow additional steps to register on the Study Bedroom Network.
Connect your mobile/tablet from your room
Wired service coverage
Printed user guide
Instructions for setting up computers and mobile devices: Get Connected guide (pdf) You should find a copy in your Canterbury Study Bedroom.
By using the Kent network you are agreeing to abide by these Regulations
Contact the Study Bedroom Service Helpdesk for further help.
IT and Library services at Kent are on Twitter: @UKCLibraryIT