The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Email, chat, share
Undergraduates and taught postgraduate email
- Log in to Student email at http://live.kent.ac.uk - or get help using email
- Mobile access to Student email
Student societies can manage their communications by setting up a shared mailbox and/or creating a mailing list to keep in contact with their members:
Society (shared) Mailbox
A Society Mailbox is an email account that can be used by more than one person. This is a useful tool for societies as it allows everyone to view and update emails, a shared task list, calendar and contacts.
Apply for a Society Mailbox at: https://www.kent.ac.uk/itservices/forms/student/society.html
Access a Society Mailbox at: http://owa.connect.kent.ac.uk/OWAemail@example.com
(replacing mailboxname with the relevant mailbox name).
Mailing lists for student societies
Staff and student societies can create and manage their own email mailing list hosted at Kent, which can allow Kent students, staff members or external users to subscribe to it and/or post to it.
Staff and research postgraduate email
Log in to ConnectMail with OWA: put UKC\ in front of your username, eg UKC\abc1
- Tips and FAQs
- Mobile access to ConnectMail
- Other communications tools for staff:
- Audio or video conferencing: at your desk you can use Office Communicator or Skype. Conferencing suites can also be booked on the Medway and Canterbury campus. Audio and video conferencing
- Blogs and websites: SharePoint is collaborative web space for staff to share documents and tasks. Blogs can be setup and hosted at Kent. If you are interested in developing your external website, look at Kent on the web
- Mailing lists: you can create a mailing list that both University users and external users can subscribe to. If you need to email all your students, your list can be set up to not allow users to unsubscribe. University mailing lists
Alumni and ex-staff email
By using the Kent network you are agreeing to abide by these Regulations.
Email code of conduct
Kent's email users are subject to the University's IT code of conduct, which include not sending or forwarding junk/chain emails and not creating, displaying, producing or circulating material that is liable to cause offence or is obscene, abusive or defamatory.
Microsoft Service Agreement
Follow us for updates about IT and Library services at Kent: @UKCLibraryIT
University email uses the Microsoft platform and online clients (OWA/Office365).
Advice on configuring Outlook/other mail programs (IT support staff cannot help you to use other clients).
Email safety tips
- If you think an email is not genuine, don’t reply to it or click on any links.
- Never send your password by email – the University will never request it.
- Don’t leave email open if your screen is unattended: sign out or lock your device.