The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
IT code of conduct
- Show consideration for other computer users at all times and do not interfere with their use of the IT facilities.
- Do not create, display, produce or circulate any material that is liable to cause offence, or is obscene, abusive or defamatory.
- Keep your password secure. Do not tell anyone else your password or let them use your Kent IT Account - all use of your account is your responsibility.
- Never send or forward junk e-mail or chain e-mails. Delete them immediately, if you receive them.
- Keep within the quota limits specified by the University for e-mail, disk space and profiles, which are there to ensure the efficient operation of services.
- Check the Computing website regularly for information about all aspects of computing and IT at the University.
- Check the IT service alerts  each time that you login.
- Familiarise yourself with the Regulations for the Use of IT Facilities at the University of Kent (pdf) - you are bound by these regulations.
Remember that you must comply with UK Legislation, including the Computer Misuse Act, the Obscene Publications Acts, the Data Protection Act and the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act.