The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
The University recognises the importance of providing a timely and effective induction for all new staff to ensure effective integration into the University, the department and the role.
Induction aims to assist new staff members to;
- become familiar with the culture of the University of Kent and to become effective within that culture
- develop an understanding of policies and practices at central and local level, acquire an understanding of how the University works and how their role contributes to the success of the University
- become accustomed to the working environment
- develop an understanding and appreciation of the expectations of their new role
- develop an understanding of the duties and activities of the role
- begin to perform effectively and gain confidence in their new role.
The documents below detail the Policy and Procedure for Induction of new staff.