The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Global Skills Award
This year's lectures commence on 5 November and will be held at 18.00 in Woolf Lecture Theatre
The Graduate School administers the unique Global Skills Award for taught postgraduates. Postgraduate students registered on taught programmes of study are invited to apply for a place on our programme which comprises of a range of lectures on global issues and a series of skills workshops which have been specifically designed to improve your employability in a competitive job market.
The programme runs from November to April; it is free of charge and those who successfully complete it will receive a Global Skills Award Certificate.
What will I need to do to successfully complete the programme?
Postgraduate taught students accepted onto the programme will:
- Complete two online career development and skills assessment one at the beginning and one at the end of the programme
- Attend a minimum of six GSA workshops. The six workshops must include a workshop from Category A and a workshop from Category B (see below). Students will then be able to select from a range of other GSA workshops offered to complete their award. The on-line booking system will provide full details of the training workshops which are on offer.
- Attend a minimum of 8 lectures on global issues which will take place between 6pm and 8pm on Mondays throughout November to March. Details of the lecture programme will be available through the on-line booking system
- Provide feedback and reflections on all the workshops and lectures attended
- Comply with the Terms of Engagement
|Category A Workshop||Category B Workshop|
How can I apply?
Applications for the GSA 2012-13 open on 19th September 2012 and the deadline for applications is 26th October 2012. Please apply via the online booking system.
For more information browse our booklet here.
If you have problems with the site or if you can't find what you're looking for, please contact email@example.com or phone on 01227 824785.