The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Fees and funding
- No tuition fee is payable to any of our partner universities abroad
- Under the Erasmus scheme, UK and EU students do not pay any tuitions fees to Kent for the year spent abroad (this does not apply to International students)
- Other programmes incur reduced Kent tuition fees for the year abroad
Tuition fees abroad
No tuition fee is payable to any of our partner universities.
Kent tuition fees
Erasmus study and work placements
Under current arrangements, UK and EU students do not pay any tuition fees to Kent for the year spent abroad under the Erasmus scheme. This fee waiver does not apply to International students.
Non-Erasmus study and work placements
Options not covered by the Erasmus programme incur a reduced tuition fee for the year abroad, payable to the University of Kent.
- Home/EU/International students studying abroad for the full academic year
For the full academic year, 2012/2013 the tuition fees will be £1,730 for all students.
- Home/EU/International students studying abroad for one semester only
For one semester of study abroad during the academic year 2012/2013, the tuition fees will be £3,465.
In addition to any other funding you may be eligible for, there are specific sources of funding available for students spending a year studying or working abroad:
- Students from the UK, or from another EU member state, or from any other country participating in the Erasmus scheme, may be eligible for a non-means tested Erasmus top-up grant.
- UK student loans continue to be available for eligible students who spend a year studying or working abroad as part of their degree.
- Students applying to spend a year in Hong Kong may be eligible for a Scholarship for Excellence.
- Students spending time abroad may be eligible for a Travel Grant. For more information please read the Student Finance Fact Sheet.