The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
How do I apply?
Are you already registered for a degree with a year abroad?
- Start thinking about the year abroad in your first year at Kent
- Get registered on a programme with a study abroad option by the beginning of the Autumn term of your second year
- Once registered, you'll be contacted by us in order to finalise your destination
- Postgraduate students should discuss potential suitable study/research abroad activity with the Graduate School and International Development.
- Make sure you contact the Placement Co-ordinator in your academic school for information or advice
Please choose one of the options below:
Already registered for a year abroad or year in industry?
- I am already registered for a degree with a study year abroad
Students who are already registered for a degree including a Year Abroad will be contacted by the European or International Offices about applications and practicalities during the first or second year. If a degree programme has options for the Year Abroad placement, you will be given this information, in a booklet and/or at a meeting, and will be asked to choose preferences.
- I am already registered for a degree with a year in industry
Those registered for a Year in Industry or ‘sandwich’ degree should contact the Placement Co-ordinator in their academic school for information and advice. A great deal of essential information is available online.
Not yet registered for a year abroad or year industry?
- I am not already registered for a degree with a year abroad or in industry
Students who are not already registered for such a degree are welcome to contact the Go Abroad team to discuss their options
As long as you aren't wanting to change the subject of your degree, adding a year abroad option can be very straightforward and you'll get plenty of support. Check the Courses and countries pages to see if a year abroad option is available in your subject and then contact the team to find out more.
The experiences I have had studying in Miami have been amazing. There have been lots of opportunities to travel: I went on a day trip to Montreal, spent a weekend on a cruise in the Bahamas and stopped off for a few nights in New York on the way back to Miami after Christmas.