Summer 2011 car park closures
During July there are a number of car park closures to support University business, including building works and conferences:
- The Pink Zone next to the rear of Sports Centre (approximately 10 spaces) is closed from 7th July to 11th July. This section of the car park is closed due to toilets being on site for the Open Day on Saturday 9th July.
- Rothford car park (9 spaces) is closed from 21st July to 16th September. This car park is closed due to the construction of 38 new car park spaces plus 4 accessible spaces.
- Rutherford car park is closed from 25th July to 5th August. This car park is closed due to the Quakers conference being held here. If you are a Blue Badge holder and wish to use the accessible bays during this time, please contact Campus Watch who will endeavour to reserve a space which will be appropriate for you.
- Outside Tyler Court (5 spaces, but not the main car park) closed on 25th July. This is due to arrivals for the TUCO conference.
- Part of Giles Lane car park is closed on 25th and 27th July. This is to enable the traffic management of TUCO conference exhibitors arriving and departing on these days in large vehicles. This car park will fully reopen as soon as possible on both days.
- Darwin Road (8 spaces) closed on 25th and 27th July. This is to enable the traffic management of TUCO conference exhibitors arriving and departing on these days in large vehicles. The parking spaces on this road will open as soon as possible on both days.
Please ensure you use alternative car parks on these days. We recognise that you may not be able to park in your usual car park but please be assured that, although a parking space cannot be guaranteed, there has not yet been a time when space has not been available on the campus. It is recommended that you utilise all car parks across campus including KRDC, KBS and car parks within the Park Wood area. The Traffic Regulations continue to apply so please ensure you park in allocated spaces rather than on grass verges or yellow lines. All accessible bays will remain open as usual with the exception of the bays in Rutherford car park.
Blue permits are valid for the areas at the back of the Sports Centre and the car parks in the Park Wood area (including the Sports Pavilion and Sports Field car parks). Pink permit holders can park in all car parks.
If you would like to provide feedback, please visit https://www.kent.ac.uk/estates/transport/feedback.php and we will direct it to the people managing the relevant building work or conference.