The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
The University of Kent’s business incubation and support unit is devoted to helping current student, graduate (up to five years) and staff start-up ventures and early stage companies to increase survival rates.
Physical Hub Tenancy
Physical hub tenancy provides businesses with high quality, affordable office space, as well as access to the business support, training, networks and resources they need to grow and thrive.
The Kent Enterprise Hub combines a professional working environment with the appropriate infrastructure to support new businesses.
Full list of services
- Just one monthly bill, inclusive of utilities (excluding telephone)
- Fully furnished office units of varying size open 24/7
- Meeting room for 6 people, including presentation facilities
- Full reception service during office hours and related services
- Telephone, printing, photocopying, post, fax and office equipment
- IT facilities with WiFi network and telephone access
- Waste collection included
- Access to the University's information services, including the University library
- Business registration address and mail forwarding service available
- First aider on site during office hours
- 24-hour security and secure access via swipe card
- Access to kitchen facilities including tea/coffee, water coolers, fridge, microwave and access to catering services
- Washroom and shower facilities
Virtual Hub Tenancy
Virtual Hub Tenancy allows companies to use resources available without actually being located at our building. Companies are able to work elsewhere if desire but still able to receive mail or have access to our services. The Virtual Tenancy package includes:
- Use of a registered address for your business and mailbox
- Access to investor networks and entrance to exclusive training and networking events
- Use of high quality meeting rooms
To find out more about becoming an Enterprise Hub tenant, get in touch
Research suggests you are 20% more likely to still be in business after 2.5 years if you have taken advice at the outset. The Hub highlights* include:
- 78 companies have been created and developed at the Kent Enterprise Hub since 2010.
- As a result 138 jobs have been created in the local community.
- The Kent Enterprise Hub has run 701 business advice sessions since 2010.
- Geneform Technologies (previous Hub company) sold at £6million
- OTI (previous Hub company) taken over by large Scottish firm, OPTOS
- Naneum (previous Hub company) – winner of the IOP Innovation Award 2012
- Algaecytes (previous Hub company) received £2million private investment including £500k of East Kent Expansion fund
- Venomtech (previous Hub company) received £100k investment from East Kent Expansion fund
- 1 Hub company founder, Piperis Filippaios of Utargeting, finalist in KEIBA 2013 Awards as ‘Young Entrepreneur of the Year’