The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Conferences and Symposiums
Conferences play a major role in the development of research and the dissemination of knowledge. The School of English at the University of Kent has a long, strong history of conference organisation, including numerous events in cooperation with KIASH, the Kent Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities.
- Postgraduate conference: 'Transactions', followed by an evening of creative writing performances and the 'Splinter' launch party, Thursday 16 May
- San Francisco Renaissance Symposium, 30 May-1 June, two days of discussion on San Francisco Poetry and Poetics, RX11. All welcome.
- Material Meanings Conference - European Network for Avantgarde and Modernism Studies, University of Kent, 7-9 September 2012. Third Biannual conference of the EAM to be held at the University of Kent's Canterbury Campus. Online registration will close on 31 August 2012. Please click on the event title for further information.
- 17th Annual Dickens Society Symposium, University of Kent, 13-15 September 2012. The Dicken's Society will be holding its annual symposium at the University of Kent at its Canterbury Campus. Registration closes 31 August 2012. Please click on the event title for more information and details of how to book.
- Comopolitan Animals 26-27 October 2012, Institute of English Studies, University of London, Senate House. This conference is supported by the Institute of English Studies (IES), the Kent Institute for Advanced Studies in the Humanities (KIASH), the School of English, the School of History, the Centre for Studies in the Long Eighteenth Century, the Centre for Colonial and Postcolonial Studies, and the Centre for American Studies.
- Rudyard Kipling: An International Writer (October 21-22, 2011)
- Indigeneity and the Arts: Visual Culture and Communication - Native Studies Research Network, UK (6-8 July 2011)
- Global Youth Cultures Conference (24-25 October 2009)
- Culture and the Canada-US Border (26-28 June 2009)
- Blurring Boundaries: Postgraduate Conference (21 May 2009) (Booklet)
- Voices in the Text: Representation, Narrative, Creativity (20 March 2009)
- A Day Symposium on Aphra Behn (13 March 2009)
- Diplomats, Adventurers and Spies, 1500 to 1700 (17-19 September 2008)
- Kipling Conference (7-8 September 2007)
- British Travellers & Equestrian Enthusiasts in Greater Syria and Arabia: Wilfrid Scawen Blunt, Lady Anne Blunt, and Others (25-26 May 2007)