The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
European (EU) students
The following information is for EU (non-UK) students who wish to apply to the University outside a European exchange programme. Please note: The deadline for applications is 31 May 2013.
You may apply to study here for the full academic year or for one/two terms only. However, if you do not wish to stay for the full academic year, you should bear in mind that:
- The University’s academic calendar is split in to three terms - Autumn, Spring and Summer - not two semesters. Click here for the University's term dates
- Teaching takes place in the Autumn and Spring Terms: some courses are taught for one term, others are taught over the two terms.
- All examinations will take place in the Summer Term, when no teaching will take place.
Please note that short-term, non-exchange students are expected to pay tuition fees to the University of Kent. Students who study at Kent for one or two terms only will be charged a proportion of the fees.
The initial application is processed by the Admissions Office and the academic Department. To request an application form email Information@kent.ac.uk. The deadline for applications is 31 May 2013.
You may be asked to submit the following documents with your application form:
- Transcript of examination marks
- Academic reference
- English Language Qualification, e.g. IELTS or TOEFL
Please note that there can be a waiting list for English Language tests so do not leave this until the last minute. Applications cannot be processed until all the required documents have been received.
All queries relating to your application should be addressed to Information@kent.ac.uk.
If your application is successful, the Admissions Office will send you an offer letter, to which you should respond as soon as possible. If you accept the place, you may then apply for campus accommodation.
The Admissions Office will also send your details to the European Office who will contact you about arrival procedures, mentoring, and other matters.
European Office staff are available to offer advice and support before, during and after your study period at Kent.