The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Medicine, Dental and Health Sciences
- Advanced and Specialist Healthcare (Supportive and Palliative Care) - MSc
- Advanced and Specialist Healthcare (Minimally Invasive Surgery) - MSc
- Advanced and Specialist Healthcare (Applied Dental Professional Practice) - MSc
- Applied Drug Discovery - MSc
- Biotechnology and Bioengineering - MSc
- Cancer Biology - PDip, MSc
- Drug Design - MSc
- General Pharmacy Practice - PDip, PCert
- Health Services Research (subject to approval) - MSc
- Independent/Supplementary Prescribing PCert / Independent/Supplementary Prescribing for Nurses (Level H) (Short Course Programme) - PCert
- Medical Humanities - MA
- Medical Law and Ethics - PDip, LLM
- Primary Dental Care - MSc
- Primary Dental Care for Foundation Dentists - PCert
- Professional Practice - MA, MSc
- Reproductive Medicine: Science and Ethics - MSc
- Science, Communication and Society - MSc
- Strategic Leadership and Medical Education - PCert
Clinical and research programmes
At Kent, we deliver research and teaching in a range of areas of medicine and health care. We favour a multidisciplinary approach and have strong links with social sciences and with basic sciences within the University.
Kent has established itself as a leading institution for education, training, research and development in the following areas: clinical education; supportive and palliative care; reproductive biology; pharmacy and dental education and oral health. Our health related activities are co-ordinated through KentHealth who are able to advise health practitioners on suitable courses or Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and can assist in the design of tailored courses for health commissioners. We have collaborative training partnerships with a number of health service providers, such as the KSS Deanery and the Kent Community Health NHS Trust.
KentHealth is planning to offer several new programmes (subject to approval) from 2012 such as the Pcert, PDip and MSc in Medical Education and Strategic Leadership and MSc in Minimally Invasive Surgery. For further information or to register interest, please visit our website.
Many of the staff within the academic divisions have a clinical commitment to the NHS or industry.
Likewise, our honorary staff have a commitment to NHS posts, but additionally provide a valuable contribution to the University's programmes.
Our courses take account of the working circumstances of healthcare staff, the diverse circumstances of patients and the obstacles professionals may face in taking up learning opportunities. We offer programmes by teaching or research pathways for both medical and non-medical students on a full or part-time basis.
Our Continuing Professional Development (CPD) courses are flexible, with different stepping-on and stepping-off points, so that you can either take single modules for CPD or work towards a postgraduate certificate, diploma or Master's degree.
T: +44 (0)1227 827272
Please see specific contact details on the the relevant programme page.