The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Social Research Methods - SO602
|Canterbury||Autumn and Spring||
Intermediate level module taken in stages 2 and 3 of an undergraduate degree
|30 (15)||Sundberg Dr T|
The information below applies to the 2015-16 session
This module appears in:
Method of assessment
- Gilbert, N. (ed.) (2008) Researching Social Life. London: Sage.
- Bryman A (2nd edn. 2004) Social Research Methods. Oxford: Oxford University Press
- Walliman N (2007) Your Research Project. London: Sage
- Identify a range of different research strategies and methods, and their respective advantages and disadvantages, as well as their philosophical underpinnings.
- Seek out and use statistical and other data derived from social surveys and other research publications.
- Read and interpret tables of statistical data.
- Judge and evaluate the validity of research evidence.
- Develop research questions and conduct preliminary empirical research.