The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Thinkers and Theories: An Introduction to theHistory and Development of - SE307
Certificate level module usually taken in the first stage of a degree
|15 (7.5)||Demian Dr M A|
The information below applies to the 2013-14 session
Method of assessment
- Bowler, P.J., "Evolution: The History of an Idea", California: University of California Press, 2003
- Desmond, A. and Moore, J., "Darwin: The Life of a Tormented Evolutionist", 1994
- Moore, J.D., "Visions of Culture: An Introductio of Anthropological Theories and Theorists", Walnut Creek: Altimira Press, 1996
- Borofsky, R. (ed.), "Assessing Cultural Anthropology", NY, London: McGraw Hill, 1994
- Barnard, A., "History and Theory in Anthropology", Cambridge: CUP, 2000
- A broad knowledge of the major thinkers who have influenced the development of Anthropology.
- A broad knowledge of the major schools of thought within Anthropology.
- An understanding of the historical development of, and changes within, Anthropology.
- An understanding of the historical relationship between sociocultural and biological anthropology.