The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
How do appointments work?
- When you first contact us you will be invited to attend an initial assessment appointment - this usually takes 30 minutes and will help you decide if counselling is the best option for you. This does not commit you to ongoing counselling.
- After your assessment appointment, if you wish to continue, you will be placed on the waiting list for a counselling appointment.
- First Appointment - you will be offered the first suitable appointment which may or may not be with the counsellor you saw initially. Counselling appointments last for 50 minutes.
- This counsellor will then book your next appointment directly with you. You will then continue your counselling with them for a maximum of 5 sessions.
- At the end of your counselling you will be asked to complete an evaluation form.
Priority is given to final year students and students who are assessed to be at risk.
If you are a returning client you may not need an assessment appointment, please do let us know.
Please let us know if you cannot attend an appointment with as much notice as possible.
If you do not attend an appointment and do not give us notice, it may count as one of your 5 sessions.