The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
All vacancies sent to the Careers and Employability Service by employers, whether for graduate jobs, sandwich placements or vacation work/internships are entered on the Vacancy database which offers:
- Continuous updating of vacancies
- A personalised search facility
- Email alerts of new vacancies which may interest you
Employers notifying vacancies are often specifically targeting Kent graduates, so competition for jobs is lower than on other vacancy sites.
From the “search vacancies” button on the dashboard you can search the database by:
- Type of Work (graduate/work experience/voluntary work)
- Full-time/part time
You can then refine your search results by:
- Job roles
- Accepted/preferred degree subject
- Start date
- Employer name
If you register, you will be able to:
- Create and save job searches on any of the above criteria
- Be alerted by email of new vacancies matching your saved job searches
- Search the careers events calendar and maintain your careers diary
On registering you will be asked to create a username & password to be used on this system: this is separate from your University username and password.
Go to “Edit email prefs” under “Personal Details” on the dashboard to set up your email notifications for the jobs and locations that you want to work in.