Useful websites for Creative Careers
This list is not exhaustive: to be used as a starting point for your careers research.
- www.prospects.ac.uk Graduate careers information, including industry insights, exploring job roles and international opportunities
- www.gradskent.com Graduate roles and internships for Kent students/graduates
- University of the Arts London see.arts.ac.uk Student Enterprise and Employability
- www.careers-creative-living.co.uk University of the Arts London Careers Guide and Interactive employability web tool, to support creative graduates. Check the ‘news and events’ for networking opportunities.
- www.creative-choices.co.uk Careers in creative arts from UK's Sector Skills Council for creative and cultural industries
- www.yourcreativefuture.org A guide to education and career opportunities in the creative industries
- www.creativeway.org.uk Lifelong learning network for Thames Gateway supporting vocational learners in the creative
and cultural industries
- www.ccskills.org.uk Creative and Cultural Skills- Sector skills council for advertising,
crafts, cultural heritage, design, literature, music, performing and visual arts.
- www.a-n.co.uk Support contemporary visual arts practice
- www.creative-capital.org Professional development network
- www.hiddenart.com/ Promotes and supports designer- makers
- www.thersa.org Royal Society of Arts
- www.societyofdesignercraftsmen.org.uk Society of Designer Craftsmen
- www.cida.co.uk Cultural Industries Development Agency- (London based) Excellent ‘Top Tips’ factsheets including How to write a Business Plan, Become a Freelancer, Pitching for work
- See our creative jobhunting page www.kent.ac.uk/careers/sk/CJ.htm
- www.careers-creative-living.co.uk/building_networks Building Networks
- http://tinyurl.com/64lmcvc Networking model from Prospects
- www.artsthread.com/viewer/practical_guides_networking Practical guide
Showcasing your work online
- www.getpixie.co.uk Free web application- site maker- charge for web hosting.
- http://tinyurl.com/6ds3w7j Advice and contacts to help you with your website design
- www.digital-web.com/articles/the_perfect_portfolio Article on producing the perfect portfolio
- See our page on how to make a portfolio www.kent.ac.uk/careers/cv/portfolios.htm
- http://carbonmade.com (5 free projects)
Publicise your work online
- www.jotta.com/jotta Creative Arts Magazine Showcase. (register free)
- www.artindustri.com Free portfolio,(up to 20 images), edit your statement, add biography, contact details.
- www.artsthread.com Creative graduate website
- www.deviantart.com Publicise and sell your work
- www.ideastap.com Creative network and funding body for new creative talent. (Includes showcase)
- www.voodoochilli.net Free online portfolio (art)
- www.behance.net Creative professional platform
- www.viewcreatives.com Upload your CV- Creative industries job board.
- Skillset pdf on marketing yourself (campus only)
Intellectual Property information
- www.own-it.org Intellectual Property advice for creative businesses
- www.ideas21.co.uk A membership-based organisation and specialises in the successful commercialisation of ideas and intellectual property
- www.artquest.org.uk/artlaw.htm Legal Information articles from Art Quest
Business planning and entrepreneurship
- See our self employment page www.kent.ac.uk/careers/selfemployment.htm
- www.businesslink.gov.uk Free business advice and support service, available online and through local advisors
- www.kentfoundation.org Find out aboSkillSet pdf on marketing yourselfut bursaries and support for establishing your own business
- www.bsk-cic.co.uk Support & help available for Small and Medium Size Enterprises (SMEs) to develop and grow
- http://cardobserver.com Gain style ideas for producing your business cards
- www.bizplans.co.uk/training.asp Information and downloads from the website about starting your own business.
- Skillset pdf on freelancing (campus only)
Last fully updated 2012