About the University of Kent
Careers and Employability Service Web Site
The University of Kent Careers Web Site comprises about one thousand pages. It is designed to be fun and informal with many cartoons and animations and much interactive content. It is the most visited site in the university, with 40 percent of total university visitors visiting the careers pages. All content is provided by experienced university careers advisers.
Eleven of the top twenty five most visited university web pages are careers pages including our employability skills pages, example CVs and aptitude tests and in total they get over 21 million page views a year (see table). Many pages have high Google rankings even though we don’t publicise the site outside the university in any way.
The site gets well over three million international visitors a year including a third of a million from India, one of our main target markets. This is more than the rest of the university sites combined see table).
These visitors raise the university’s profile and improve the university’s search engine rankings, and the pages attract many students to consider studying here, especially in subjects such as law and forensic science.
The amount of visitors also improves the university’s rankings in the 4icu.org University Web Ranking and other rankings. In 2011 Kent was ranked 22nd in the UK. For the first time Kent also appeared in the top 100 European Universities listing – ranked 93rd.
We support all graduates of the university for up to three years after graduation, sending them a weekly vacancy list with job hunting tips every Monday and the web site is a crucial part of this support for Kent graduates, especially if they live abroad. The pages are a valuable resource for alumni and staff of the university, especially in the present tough times.
Academic and Careers Service Comments
- Not a day goes by when we don’t use your website with our students. We consider your Careers website by far and away the best provided by any University in the UK and we sing its praises to anyone who we think will benefit from using it. Careers Advisers at large 6th Form college.
- I am the Head of Careers for an FE college, and I have been using your careers site for many years. It is undoubtedly the best HE careers site in the UK, and I often refer my students to it.
- The University of Kent Careers Advisory Service has a superb web page listing biotechnology links. (Oxford Brookes University)
- I would like to present this website as an employability skills resource for secondary Workplace Readiness teachers in Arkansas at our Career Guidance Conference”
- I seek permission to utilize questions from your Computer Programming Aptitude Test. The questions are excellent. Professor of Computer Science, USA
- We are helping medical students in the United Arab Emirates and your teamworking skills exercise would be a perfect tool in helping them learn about who they are and how to contribute to a cooperative group. Shriners Hospital for Children, Texas
- I was wondering if I could use your Assessment of Leadership Styles Questions in a Workshop for students? Assistant Professor, Galveston, USA
- May I congratulate you and your colleagues on the quality of the information on your website. It is really comprehensive. (Trinity College Careers)
- I'm a teacher from Russia. I'd like to use the content of page www.kent.ac.uk/careers/Choosing/ChoosingCareer.htm with a view to make a PowerPoint presentation.
- Have just discovered your excellent lists of resources. I am one of the advisors working at Hadlow College, and I would very much like to make this information available to our students.
- May I congratulate you and your colleagues on the quality of the information on your website. It is really comprehensive.
- I have found the U of Kent careers website extraordinarily useful in my search. The breadth of coverage, with careers fairs, job descriptions, psychometric tests etc. is nothing short of excellent.
- I’m running and Employability Skills workshop for young people .... I came across the University of Kent’s careers advice web page, which I thought it was fantastic. Mentoring coordinator for Camden Education Business Partnership.
- Could I make a copy of your employability skills chart for my Strategies for Thinking and Learning class at South University in Virginia Beach, VA?
- I am quite a fan of your resources and wanted to make use of the example case study on Hitech PLC …... we raised over £1,000 for the Friends of The Citizens Foundation. The proceeds will be spent on reconstructing schools damaged by the floods in Pakistan.
- Your website about assessment centres – which is excellent by the way! Would it be possible to get permission to use this example as a group work case study? (Liverpool John Moores University Careers Service)
- I am currently working with young people of low self esteem and am endeavouring to assist them in gaining employment by helping them with CV writing etc. I have found your web site so helpful and would like to use them with my students.
Adult education tutor working in deprived areas of south Wales
- I am writing to request permission to reprint your Skills Map in a handout for a presentation I will be doing for a church convention. We are a local county government in North Carolina in the U.S.
- May I add how informative and well planned your website is. I would imagine it plays no small part in helping Kent students find a job.
- Your website really is a great resource for students.
- Many thanks for the magnificent website with numerical tests.
- I really liked the web page because it provides a great overview of CVs, which books on the subject take many more pages to communicate.
- Your Archaeology Careers web page has really helped out in pointing me in the right direction and I really needed to take a second to thank you.
- Your work is so clear and so useful. You have saved me hours of thought and prep. (GCSE teacher preparing new unit)
- Your website is fantastic in terms of the wealth of information held within it and I am always referring to it! I tell students to look at it too. (Careers adviser from a UK University).
- Your Careers website is brilliant!! I have directed my student teachers to peruse your site to reinforce the information I give to them. What usually can be very dry, you have made interesting, humourous and relevant to boot!! It is an easy site to explore for both long and short time exploration. (University of Melbourne)
- I am impressed with your skills pages. I recently was asked to teach a course in employability skills and a colleague pointed me to your CV pages. Now I have found your diagram on skills. I shall certainly be pointing my groups to the url. I feel your undergraduates are being well served. (College Lecturer).
- I have been helping someone to prepare a CV. Your website's advice has been fantastic. I had to contact you to congratulate whoever devised and wrote it. I have prepared lots of CVs in my time, but have never come across such a helpful site.
- It is a very wonderful and informative site for young people looking at what kinds of career paths environmental science can lead them down. (Professor, University of Maine, USA)
- I was thrilled when I stumbled upon your excellent career advice pages. (English teacher, French Business School)
- How to assess your group work skills has tremendous knowledge about constructs and items. (National University of Malaysia)
- I have emailed you before to show appreciation for your excellent website. We use it and recommend it frequently and I still believe that your content is second to none. (University of Chester)
- Visiting your website I could clearly note your expertise upon career development, students’ employability and the UK employment market. (European University of Cyprus)
- Your website .... is fantastic and always comes up in Google searches on graduate/HE related topics. (careers adviser)
- Your Skills map is an excellent tool for better understanding what skills students should developed during higher education and what they need for labor market. (Careers Director - University of Belgrade)
- I was thinking about directing students to web based examples and research (on employability) and have discovered your excellent resources.
- I have been using your careers page as a resource for my upper sixth students and it has been great so far, however it has been surpassed by the results given in the 'What career best suits you' quiz. I am a careers adviser in a post 16 setting and the quiz recommended careers adviser and post 16 teacher! Great Work!
- Just seen your employability skills page and it looks great. Could have permission to adapt it for my year 11 students as a self assessment and what they need to work on kind of tool. I'm head of PSHE in a large comp.
- I'm a history teacher and I just wanted to send you a quick thank you from the students in my class and myself for providing the resources on your page www.kent.ac.uk/careers/sk/computing-skills.htm My students just completed their keyboarding and computing tests and your page proved to be a great reference for them, so from my class - thank you for your help.
- Can I use your personal styles mind map as a printed hand out with my 6th form please? It is such a great layout!
- I never normally do this and at the risk of sounding a bit lame i really did want to congratulate and thank you for the clear efforts made in putting your website together. I am a mere internet “wanderer” who stumbled across this website whilst doing some personal career research and have find myself marveling at the depth and extent of information you have put in place. The detail is clear and very easy to find, the design is certainly suited to the primary audience but is inviting to all others, the interaction is varied and fun to use and the amount of information is supremely impressive. I suspect the site map and library must easily fill a football pitch! The overall impression I get is that this was put together with wonderful creative thought and expertise and that the people involved really did seem to care about the primary audience. I have really enjoyed the experience of looking around. Thank you so much.
- We are most impressed by the array of topics and materials that the Kent website displays (Workforce Development Employability Lab - North Carolina College)
- I very much liked like your example letters (the good, the bad and the ugly) English tutor at University Summer School course.
- Leadership skills is a fantastic, well-written resource, which would assist my students’ understanding (Australian Institute)
- Your website and resources/tools are so good and useful, I feel that they should be utilized by students across the globe (College in India)
- I have just discovered your excellent website and particularly like the examples of a good and bad C.V. (English teacher - Marseille University)
- I have drawn widely from your action plan page for my lecturing degree. (Researcher at Manchester Metropolitan University)
- I have found the information very useful and I think you have done an amazing job acquiring all the vast amount of knowledge for each of the transferable skills (Graduate school, Imperial College)
- Your site has excellent information about careers and the employment process. (High school coordinator, Alabama, US)
- I love your site! (Careers Project Facilitator, Las Vegas)
- I've just been looking at the careers and employability section of the University of Kent website. It is fantastic. (careers adviser)
- I am a freelance trainer and I really enjoyed browsing through your site. Congratulations on a job well done! It is clear, rich, fun and very complete.
- May I take the time to congratulate you on a fantastic careers and employment section. During my time working with Jobcentre Plus I often referred to the information you hold on there and was advised on a training course that it was one of the best sites on the internet for this type of information. I strongly believe that many a customer of ours has benefited from visiting your site for tips on interviews and CVs.
- I am very impressed by the Skills Map It clearly provides a very concise, visual summary of the type of skills employers require of graduates at a glance.
- I have to congratulate you and your colleagues on the variety of material you have hosted on the site as well as the depth of information and advice contained within. (Careers Adviser - Irish University)
- The choosing/using a reference page look great. It's full of really useful information for students and staff alike.
- I think the website you have created is outstanding and seems unrivalled in comparison to other university career's webpages. A particular interest of my company was in personality questionnaires and psychometric testing and we noticed that your site offered an easy way for candidates to practise them without having to do the full test. I have since used your site many times for information.
- I found your wonderful webpage www.kent.ac.uk/careers/sk/teamwork.htm with the teamwork survey and explanation of the roles people play in meetings. (MBA lecturer - University of Denver)
- I have seen your employability website tests , brilliant! I have to know...how does the card trick work? Lateral thinking test page, it is driving me mad! (lecturer - Kingston University)
- I am an Assistant Head teacher and I wanted to inform you that I think the careers section of your website is excellent and I will be giving our sixth form the link details. I like your idea of showing skills as a mind map and it has now given me an idea on how I could further develop our own top ten skills worksheet. I just wanted to thank you for giving me more inspiration.
- I was recently at a networking dinner with law students and city lawyers in London. I was very impressed to hear that they were very familiar with the Kent Careers Service website, citing things like psychometric tests and sample interview questions as invaluable sources as part of their job hunting process.
- We would really like to use your HiTech group exercise for a recruitment process we are currently planning at Comic Relief.
- We at New Grad Life loved the article "How to perform well in a telephone interview" - a great read indeed!
- Women's Own magazine which recommended out teaching practice interview to its readers interested in teaching (May 2010)
- Your site is bloody brilliant!!! Not the most beautiful I’ve ever seen (I’m a lecturer and web designer)... BUT content is king and this is the best resource I have found to date!
- Your excellent tips on good and bad CVs
- Kent University's careers site is a fantastic resource. I went to Warwick and still ended up using Kent's service. (Scientist at DSTL)
- I love the page you have written on CV's, some excellent content and very well formed. It is great to see a college careers advice service be so progressive and engaging.
- "It is a very simple and elegant presentation of key facets of influencing skills, and I would be grateful for your permission to adapt it for use in my programme." (Dell)
- I thought I’d send you some feedback on the Careers Explorer as it gave me some interesting results. I don’t know how this career database is put together, but it is obviously spot on. Well done! When I was at school, college, and university, every time I did a career questionnaire it said I should become an accountant! (Director - medical communications company)
- There is a host of fantastic information on your web site (Recruitment consultancy)
- I wanted to provide some positive feedback for your web page www.kent.ac.uk/careers/tefl.htm. I work at an after school program and your resources are fantastic.
- Your pages on lateral thinking are superb. (The People Newspaper)
- I love the content on the site. All the information that you have is either well documented or leads to great resources. There is so much information here that I don't know where to begin. One page in particular, titled I Want to Work in ... Management Consultancy peeked my interest since I have a business dedicated to it. I like your opening line to the page which defines what management consultancy is...Brilliant!
- It’s an impressive website, one of the best career sites I’ve ever seen at a uni. (recycling company manager)
- The University of Kent has some good advice too - especially that you need to demonstrate you have researched the employer rather than not having done any homework. (Daily Telegraph article)
- I am managing the building of a software gallery at the national museum of computing www.tnmoc.org at Bletchley Park. I would very much like to put your programmer aptitude test in the gallery to see if we can interest people in careers in software development.
- A complement to your wonderful [Careers Explorer] program! I wish I had had the chance to use a program like that when I was graduating!
- The tests that you offer www.kent.ac.uk/careers/psychotests.htm are some of the most comprehensive that we have seen.
- I think the website you have created is outstanding and seems unrivalled in comparison to other university career's webpages. (IBM)
Student and Graduate Comments
- It is one of the best and most comprehensive career websites I have ever seen.
- Thank you for the brilliant advice and tips on covering letters and CVs. (2008 graduate)
- I can honestly say that this is the best online careers resource I have found. I had struggled to find good quality information pertaining to both career prospects and self-assessment until I came across your web site. Your site is filled with a myriad of content-rich and immensely pertinent careers information which is so valuable for job seekers in the current socio-economic climate. Many thanks for delivering this wonderful resource.
- Your online tests are amazing practice.
- Just stumbled across your careers website. I am so impressed that I felt compelled to let you know! The website provides excellent resources, is easy to use and written in a great tone. Recent graduate (not from Kent University).
- Your site is extremely helpful, well organized, simple and the innovative tools like the Job competencies database are highly valuable. (Canadian graduate)
- A million thanks for the fantastic interview tips. Initially the site did not attract me because there were not many graphics or attractive colours but I have never visited any website like yours. All the questions I faced in my interview were exactly the same or similar to those from your web site and the examples were so simple and clear. . This helped me outperform all the candidates at interview. Thank you so much again.
- Your skills map is brilliant! Love it.
- I came across the interview questions page and was tremendously impressed!
- I was rewriting my CV, looked over the internet for examples and advice, I found your page, and I must say it's simply amazing! so much helpful information in one place, I am really amazed! Wanted to thank you for your great work.
- The information available is superb. Keep up the good work
- I just wanted to say that your interview preparation sections and employability skills sections are amazingly useful.
- Your verbal tests online - they were all fantastic.
- Your careers website is great. I am a Durham University Alumni and have found the aptitude test area of the site one of the best I have ever come across.
- I came across your site and want to congratulate you. It is the best of its type that I have seen and I have recommended it to many people - the various tips are invaluable.
- Just wanted to write to express my thanks for the excellent content of your web-site. As you will know already for sure, it is a terrific source of information for young and older job seekers alike. So far I have found the CV profile and Action words to be especially helpful, and have used them in reformatting my CV. Yesterday I posted my CV on Monster, and within an hour or two had a job agency complement me on it. Thank you for your part in this! (Mature graduate)
- I am writing to tell you that i think you have a brilliant careers site and i am finding it extremely useful.
- I'm a student at the University of Leeds and I came across your website. I just wanted to say I think its amazing! I've used it so much, it's really helpful for career options and the interview section is great. Thank you!
- The University careers service has been phenomenal during my degree and I consult the website often. (Kent Law graduate)
- I've been trying to find websites that will help both of my daughters with interview techniques. This one is fab!!!!
- I just wanted to say that I think your online career resources are brilliant! I particularly wanted to thank you for the time and effort you have put into the "Happiness at work" page, which I thought was informative, really well presented and entertaining to read. I think it's probably the most overlooked function of a careers service to tell people what will actually lead to fulfilment and satisfaction when choosing a job, despite it probably being the most important part! I just thought I'd say I thank you, because its certainly helped me focus on what's really important when choosing a career. There aren't many web pages as clear, informative and entertaining about choosing a career (and believe me, I've read a lot of them this summer!). And certainly not many careers services that go the extra mile to research and publish this kind of information to help people focus on what's important when choosing a career.
- I actually live in California and stumbled upon your website. I have been to many different career websites. Yours is by far the most comprehensive, detailed, and helpful one I've come across. The site is well-researched, well-organized, informative, and easy to use. Even though some of the info is, for obvious reasons, geared toward the UK, I find the general info about career paths is still very valuable. It really seems you've thought of everything! I especially like the "What career would suit me?" tool. Career centers in the US would do well to follow your example.
- I have been using your website to prepare myself for a PGCE interview. I find it brilliant!
- I have found your preparation and links regarding psychometric testing and your advice on dealing with competency based applications and interviews (the C-A-R approach) to be absolutely invaluable.
- I have found this service incredibly useful. Its the best careers advice I've found to date- its easy to use, interesting, detailed, and interactive.
- I am currently attending interviews/assessment days for City law firms. Your on-line service really is outstanding and has helped me a great deal with preparation. Thank you very much!
- I find the Kent Uni careers website brilliant. I've used the careers services from The Uni of Nottingham and The Uni of Sheffield upon graduation from both those institutions but your careers website and the information is much, much more relevant and shows a deeper understanding of the position and needs of graduates. Thanks a million.
- One of the best websites for jobseekers I've come across. Lots of great tips and advice. Thank you!
- Thank you for providing the tests, they were excellent preparation.
- I've just spent hours navigating through your website. I feel obliged to send you a message of thanks for having such a wealth of information and tips on there, not to mention hundreds of useful links. Yours is the first university careers resource that I have found to be this useful and informative. I know that these things are often overlooked or not given the funding/importance they ought to, so I wanted to emphasize the value of the website and hope you continue to maintain it. It really helps people like me, and future graduates.
- I just thought I'd write to let you know how helpful and insightful your website is. I am so extremely impressed by everything on it, it's so very informative and useful. Thanks keep up the great work maintaining it!
- I would just like to thank you for your clear and concise webpage for Careers advice and layout of your C.V. I don't realize that I use various skills in my day-to-day work so it is handy to have hints on what to include.
- Your website is full of great information.
- I wanted to provide some positive feedback for your web page www.kent.ac.uk/careers/tefl.htm. I work at an after school program and your resources are fantastic.
- I've found that whenever I've googled anything career related - writing CVs, covering letters, job applications etc, Kent Uni careers page is always on the first page of Google - very weird. you must have a spectacular careers department?
- I just wanted to send you a quick note to say how much I appreciate the information on the Kent uni careers website. I'm currently applying for jobs and making use of the cover letter and speculative cover letter sections of the site. I can tell that a lot of thought and care has gone into the content there. Thanks. (Kent student)
- The Teamwork graphic so clearly represents the qualities required for an effective team.
- I would like to congratulate you for the work that you have done on the career website. I am a Chemical Engineering student at the University of Manchester. I got great help and understanding for my covering letters and CV. Your work is well expanded, structured as well as precise. I would like to thank you.
- The University of Kent's web site has been a tremendous source of information - kudos to the creators. (Canadian student)
- I have just come across your webpages as I was browsing for helpful information for mature job seekers. It is an extremely good site and I congratulate you on its composition. It is very useful, thoughtful, well considered and well put together.
- Thanks for the excellent job on CVs and Career Development.
- Your Bioscience page is highly informative and I have personally used the University of Kent web pages to help improve my CV and personal statements a number of times.
- I would like to say thank you for the excellent resources, and also the superb way they are presented, on your careers website. I am quite nervous about my future, however I have been significantly re-assured by looking at your website, and it has given me real confidence to think about entering the job market again, with a developing strategy of what to do. Thank you!
- Just wanted to say thank you for the very useful info on your website… as someone who has no experience of writing CV and a covering letter - I found it really helpful.
- I've recently been accepted on a PGCE course, and I wanted to tell you that that your pages on Writing PGCE Personal Statements www.kent.ac.uk/careers/cv/pgcestatements.htm and Teacher Training Practice interview questions www.kent.ac.uk/careers/interviews/ivteaching.htm, were INCREDIBLY USEFUL to me - it helped so much that I did my first PGCE interview and I got in! I am so grateful and thankful that you have these pages up. Keep up the great work!
- Your Numerical Reasoning Test 2 is the closest I've seen to the 'real' thing.
- I've been looking for science interview advice and found the information presented on the Kent University careers website brilliant.
- I stumbled upon your work, quite by accident, while helping my newly graduated daughter prepare a CV. Sound advice and clear and concise; easily the best source I have seen. Your examples of what not to write had me laughing out loud in some sections - We’ve all seen them, they are horrifying true.
- Careers Explorer is a really good assessment tool! Very practical and logical way to assess. I have done quite a lot of free online career assessment tests and this is by far the best one.
- I am about to take a promotion process at work that involves psychometric tests, application forms, in-tray excercise, presentation and interview. Your website was invaluable to me and an absolute source of information.
- It’s really an interesting experience to read the ‘careers’ section of Kent University web site. In the past couple of weeks, I read many articles posted here. However, the story described in the section called ‘determination’ www.kent.ac.uk/careers/sk/determination.htm –‘Legson Kyira – I Will Try’ was particularly interesting.
- My daughter has spent months applying unsuccessfully for work and is losing her morale. This is just to let you know that I found it a very wise,encouraging and helpful site which did more than offer simplistic platitudes or standard advice. I forwarded to her and she agreed that it was genuinely helpful and reassuring. Thank you for your sensitive and "whole person" approach to what is clearly a widespread and challenging situation for many young, well- qualified graduates.
- I just wanted to thank you for the brilliant web page you maintain concerning writing covering letters. Your page has been incredibly useful, as I am currently trying to obtain a sandwich placement.
- I am a recently completed PhD student now job hunting. I wanted to say how much I appreciated your pages and that I think they are genuinely useful!
- I just wanted to write a quick email to say thank you so much for your truly excellent web pages full of advice about cv writing and interviews etc. Although not a student, in fact as someone with 20 years self employment behind me, I never the less followed your tips on the skills based cv, and am pleased to say that I have got the job I applied for, and they commented on how good my cv was.
- Great website on CVs and interviews.
- Thank you for your wonderful and very useful site.
Comments about the Careers and Employability Service
- The University careers service has been phenomenal during my degree and I consult the website often.
- Just wanted to thank you so much for all the advice you gave me for my interview.
- I remember your brilliant advice while I was a student at Kent and I still relish your e-mail newsletters.
- Since I've left Kent I've missed the very helpful careers team.
- Thank you for the good work you have done for me, and the great work you have done for all the students in UKC. Without you, I wouldn’t have the courage to apply for medical sales and be recognised. I have now started my first step on my career and it truly means a lot to me!
- Thank you taking the time out to see me and for all your advice, it really helped to secure my dream job
- The Careers Advisers are really helpful and you should be able to have a pretty good idea of your prospects once you finish your degree.
- I have always been so insecure about my future, but the university has helped me through this, with classes on future careers.
- Careers Service is first class.
- You're brilliant! thank you for taking the time to provide such thorough information. I really appreciate it as I was beginning to give up my search.
- I have been receiving the weekly vacancy emails which have been a great help.
- I have come to see you a couple of times during my degree and you have been a great help
- I just wanted to thank you for all the help you gave me. I have had the time of my life here and the opportunities have been life changing, and if it was not for the careers service provided at Kent none of it would have ever been possible. So as a very grateful ex-UKC student, a very BIG Thank you!
- I would like to say how invaluable I find your newsletters and the services that the career office offer us.
- I just wanted to let you know that after an interview I was offered an internship!! I want to thank you for all your help, you have really been amazing and I don't think I would have got to this position without your advice.
- The careers advisory service is brilliant.
- I have been receiving your emails for a while now and I find them incredibly useful.
- I think that the careers service you provide is fantastic and far exceeds what other universities provide.
- Although I went on to another Uni to study for a FT masters, I found myself continually scouring the CAS website for interview/assessment centre info. Incidently i asked to be re-enlisted on to the vacancy list and through which I secured a graduate placement with an IT consultancy. So I hope the service you guys provide is helping everyone in the same way you have aided me.
- I have found your newsletter very informative and useful while seeking for a job. As a result I was invited for an interview and got offered a place at Swansea University.
- I found talking to you incredibly useful and your guidance invaluable. At first I wanted to be a teacher and after applying for my PGCE realised that actually I didn't care and was going into the work for the wrong reasons; I used many tools with in the careers centre and finally (on your advice) emailed several people in jobs which interested me, I had long meetings with them and finally came to a decision as to what I wanted to do. I am now in full time work as a Community Fundraiser; not only to do I love my job, but I am so pleased that I was able to take the time to find out what my ideal job was and that I was supported through this process. Thank you for all the time and support you gave me in that very confusing year.
- You were incredibly helpful last year in a careers interview and also in answering my questions via email.
- The Careers Advice Service was terrific; I used their drop-in service and went for a separate chat. Also the online facilities linked with the Careers Advice Service are excellent. (Kent student)
- Thanks to your help and the Careers team on reviewing my CV and placing the guidance steps on the website I have managed to get a position at Thomson Reuters. They stated that the CV was one of the best formatted they had seen in a long time. I thought seen as you provided the template and the assistance you should receive the compliment as well!
- I recently came into your office as I wanted some advice on the assessment centre, so I wanted to say thank you as you were really helpful!
- This is a very good venture. I am pleased of the way in which you advertised it. I feel a sense of reassurance concerning my job prospects. Thank you. (Regarding vacancy emails and support after graduation)
- I had an excellent careers service, the only thing I would suggest is that occasionally too much information is given and it becomes overwhelming.
- Many thanks once again for your kind feedback and constructive pointers; ... its wonderful to know that you kindly sought additional views and that despite the geographical distance, both careers advisory teams do come together to help students in need of advice and support.
- Thanks! You are a goddess!
- Thank you for believing in me, you were the only people who believed I could make it.
- I find the emails you send out really useful with loads of great information! (Computer science graduate)
- Overall I must say I am very impressed with the career service. The Moodle course is very helpful and very comprehensive as well, as is your website. I have built my CV using the information and keep referring to it for pointers when I prepare my applications. I've also dropped in to have my CV checked and gotten excellent feedback. Thanks for all the great work you do to make it easier on us students to navigate the job jungle. (Kent student)
- The Careers and Employability Service at the University is outstanding and doesn't begin to compare with any other employabiliIty service out there. I feel like the extensive website and the friendly and caring staff cover absolutely every aspect of choosing and finding a career and I feel extremely lucky that I am able to use this service whilst at University. The most amazing of all is the dedication of the team, because even after graduating I can still use the service for another 3 years which I think is vital to be able to successfully get a graduate job. Thank you and keep up the good work! (Kent student)
- It's great to have a service which is always on hand to help with such a quick response time and great knowledge & advice. Thanks. (Kent student)
- Excellent service, very quick and easy to use. Was quite busy when I went to the drop in session first time but I was still seen to reasonably quickly. The information booklets available are very helpful. (Kent student)
- The careers adviser was clearly very knowledgeable and gave me some excellent advice, with which I put to good use that very day. (Kent student)
- Thank you so much for all your help today. I feel much more confident and have taken on board your advice. (After practice interview)
- I couldn’t tell you how many times I used the service, it really is so helpful and I know a lot of people who owe their jobs to it (myself included!)
- I had a few walk in sessions with you and I just wanted to say thank you for all your help with my CV and covering letter. I was invited to a graduate assessment centre and got a job offer .... 15 positions and over 300 candidates. Your advice was really helpful both in making it to the assessment centre and with the interview process. The careers advisory at Kent is really a great support for making dreams real. Thank you once again for your wonderful help.
- The vacancy lists are a wonderful source of information, and really well organised, so I appreciate your assistance!
Source: Google Analytics