Graduate and Specialist Recruitment Agencies and Job Boards
- Agencies by location
- Agency listings
- Specialised recruitment agencies
- General recruitment agencies
- Working as a Recruitment Consultant (separate page)
Recruitment agencies can be a useful part of your job search, whether for a permanent graduate job, a temporary stop-gap job or a casual, part-time or vacation job
Recruitment agencies are used by large employers who wish to "spread their net" as widely as possible when recruiting graduates or specialists, and by smaller ones which do not have the personnel resources to carry out their own recruitment.
Employers expect agencies to put forward candidates with specific qualities or abilities related to the job. This can restrict opportunities for new graduates without significant work experience - some agencies specify six months experience in a relevant field.
Don't rely on agencies alone to find you a job - you should also use our graduate vacancy database , other graduate directories and make direct approaches to employers.
You need to research the agencies that seem most appropriate for you, and to send your CV to a number of agencies. Some may not respond, but others may offer you a "screening interview" either by phone or face to face. This is a good sign as it shows they are strongly interested in you. A screening interview involves a consultant at the agency testing you out with questions to see if they feel you would be suitable to send to interviews with their client companies.
Agencies should not charge you - they get a fee from the employers whose vacancies they advertise. Agencies do not normally pay interview expenses so make sure you ask questions about the job for which you are being put forward and make sure that it is appropriate if it is a long distance to travel.
The most popular and competitive areas of work for graduates are unlikely to be available through recruitment agencies, as employers in sectors such as the media have no difficulty in filling any vacancies through speculative applications. Most agencies offering positions in "the media" are likely to be referring to media sales.
- Agencies in Kent www.kent.ac.uk/careers/kentopps.htm#RectAgs
- Agencies in London www.kent.ac.uk/careers/sitesgen.htm#LONDON
- The University of London produces a list of recruitment agencies in London , which is available in the University of Kent Careers Information Room, file 370.2
- London Metropolitan University produces a similar list, also available in the University of Kent Careers Information Room and at https://intranet.londonmet.ac.uk/londonmet/library/i22949_3.pdf
For recruitment agencies in other parts of the country , see our “I Want to Work In …” pages www.kent.ac.uk/careers/sitesgen.htm and the links below.
- Employment Billboard www.employmentbillboard.co.uk promotes recruitment agencies for their areas of specialism e.g. Accountancy, Banking, IT, Marketing, Sales, Telecommunications.
- The Recruitment & Employment Confederation www.rec.uk.com You can search their site to find an agency in a specific work area or town at http://rec3.netxtra.net/directory/default.asp?dir=1
- Job Agencies.com http://JobAgencies.com lists agencies by type and by country.
- Jobfit www.jobfit.co.uk recruitment agency directory. Search for recruitment agencies by industry sector and location.
- Agency Central www.agencycentral.co.uk find recruitment agencies by industry, type of job, or county. Lists agencies by type of job at www.agencycentral.co.uk/agencysearch/graduate/skills/skillsearch.htm
- www.allthetopbananas.com/Jobs/graduates.aspx opportunities for graduates in a variety of job sectors. Works more like a search engine - the results are an index of companies' and agencies' own websites and therefore link directly to them for viewing of job details.
- Job Rapido www.jobrapido.co.uk enables users to search through all job vacancies posted on all UK websites.
- Workthing www.workthing.com matches candidates with jobs across all sectors, job types and at all levels
- JobSearch www.jobsearch.co.uk generalist jobsite.
- Online Recruitment www.onrec.com database of on-line recruitment agencies around the world.
- The Graduate Recruitment Bureau www.grb.uk.com Permanent vacancies for graduates in all sectors across the UK and Europe
- TheGraduate www.thegraduate.co.uk specialist jobsite for graduates seeking their first career move. Career opportunities & graduate schemes with leading companies throughout the UK .
- Graduate-jobs.com www.graduate-jobs.com not a recruitment agency but rather a job posting board which allows direct employers to post jobs directly to the site. Focuses on small and medium sized organisations (SMEs) in the UK
- Gradplus www.gradplus.com identify your key strengths through our graduate support service. Search and apply for graduate jobs.
- Reed Graduates www.reed.co.uk/graduate all areas of commerce, particularly finance, IT, sales and administration
- Brampton Stafford Recruitment www.brampton-recruitment-4-graduate-jobs.co.uk recruitment agency specialising in graduate jobs throughout the UK .
- RecruitmentRevolution.com www.recruitmentrevolution.com online recruitment agency exclusively for students and graduates.
- UKGraduateCareers www.ukgraduatecareers.net search graduate jobs in the UK .
- Meta-Morphose www.meta-morphose.co.uk selection and training organisation who place graduates in business to business sales roles
- AllTheTopBananas www.allthetopbananas.com/Jobs/graduate.aspx search hundreds of agencies, companies and other job boards from one place
- The Big Choice www.thebigchoice.com – job opportunities and general advice
Other specialist agencies
- ADVERTISING recruitment agencies www.kent.ac.uk/careers/workin/advertising.htm
- CHARITY recruitment agencies www.kent.ac.uk/careers/workin/charity.htm
- CITY & FINANCE recruitment agencies www.kent.ac.uk/careers/workin/city.htm
- COMPUTING & IT recruitment agencies www.kent.ac.uk/careers/sitesit.htm
- CONSTRUCTION, ARCHITECTURE & BUILT ENVIRONMENT recruitment agencies www.kent.ac.uk/careers/construction.htm#c
- EVENTS MANAGEMENT recruitment agencies www.kent.ac.uk/careers/workin/eventsman.htm
- LANGUAGE recruitment agencies www.kent.ac.uk/careers/modernlanguages.htm#WHOEMPLOYS
- LEGAL recruitment agencies www.kent.ac.uk/careers/siteslaw.htm#rectags
- MEDIA recruitment agencies www.kent.ac.uk/careers/sitesmedia.htm#Recruitment
- PUBLIC SECTOR and SOCIAL CARE recruitment agencies www.kent.ac.uk/careers/sitesgov.htm
- SCIENTIFIC recruitment agencies www.kent.ac.uk/careers/sitephar.htm#ScientificRecAgencies +
- TEACHING recruitment agencies www.kent.ac.uk/careers/siteach.htm#Recruitment
ENGINEERING & TECHNICAL recruitment agencies
- Robert Giles Agencies www.robertgilesagencies.com specialises in supplying staff to the engineering and technical industries through the UK and overseas.
- Jonathan Lee www.jonlee.co.uk specialises in the engineering and manufacturing industries.
- Shorterm www.shorterm.co.uk jobs in engineering, automotive jobs or aerospace in the UK .
- Mansell Recruitment www.mansell.co.uk - technical recruitment, Maidstone office
- NES www.nesgroup.com engineering and technical recruitment specialist, providing contract and permanent recruitment services throughout the UK and overseas
- MatchTech www.matchtech.com Technical recruitment including new graduates
- Adecco www.adecco.co.uk Clerical, administrative and secretarial vacancies with a variety of companies, including the public sector. Offices nationwide, including Canterbury and Ashford
- Ashdown Group www.ashdowngroup.com/jobs marketing, IT, accountancy and human resources. Type graduate in the search box.
- Hays www.hays.com The largest publicly listed recruitment group in the UK , with sites covering a wide range of specialised sectors
- Euro RSCG Riley www.eurorscg-riley.co.uk an international recruitment consultancy which organises employer forums e.g. AsiaManagers and AfricaManagers.
- Jobs1.co.uk www.jobs1.co.uk UK jobs and employment agency
- Jobsite www.jobsite.co.uk UK job search and jobs by email service. Covering 35 industry sectors.
- New Appointments Group www.newappointmentsgroup.co.uk Offices in Canterbury , Ashford, Dover , Sittingbourne and Ramsgate
- NewJobDirect www.newjobdirect.co.uk search engine that makes vacancies on corporate websites searchable.
- Secs in the City www.secsinthecity.co.uk job noticeboard for secretarial, admin and other office jobs in London and other areas of UK .
- WorkHaven www.workhaven.com Allows you to promote yourself to employers
Last fully updated in 2012