GENERAL PRACTICE INTERVIEW
Try a practice interview, answering typical questions and also getting tips on how you should answer.
Before you arrive ...
- Read any other information you can find about the employer, or the career area for which you are applying.
- Re-read your application form as if you were the interviewer.
- Try and anticipate the questions they will ask.
- Think about any awkward points that are likely to come up, and how you plan to handle them.
- Prepare some questions to ask the interviewer.
- Remind yourself why you find this career, and this employer, attractive: enthusiasm is important.
- Plan how you will get to the interview. Leave plenty of time in case of traffic jams or cancelled trains.
- Dress neatly and smartly.
There follow some of the questions that might be specifically asked of students at interviews. You might also like to try the general or multiple choice interviews as well for other standard interview questions that can be thrown at any candidate. Click on "First Question" to begin. Think carefully about how you would answer, then click on "Show Answer Tips" to get an idea of how you should be answering.
If you have been to an interview or assessment centre recently please fill in our interview report form to help other students.