THE UNIVERSITY OF KENT CAREERS & EMPLOYABILITY FAIR
will take place on: Tuesday 5th NOVEMBER 2013
Details of last year's fair are below.
A chance to meet employers offering:
Employers attending the Fair in 2012:
How to prepare for the fair
- Check the web links above to find out about recruiters – what they do and who they are looking for
- Put together an up-to-date CV
- Think of questions to ask
- You don’t need to wear a suit – just come as you are
- Come to the “Getting the Most from Graduate Fairs” session on 22nd October in the CES building www.kent.ac.uk/careers/casevents.htm
Who to speak to
- Anyone who interests you!
- Don’t just see the big name companies: others may be just as good and their stands will be less busy.
- Be flexible and open minded
- Be confident – talk to employers!
- Be prepared to shake hands. Smile and make eye contact!
- Prepare your 30 second verbal CV: “Hello I’m Jo Smith. I'm studying Law and aiming for an Upper Second. I’ve a strong interest in retail management as I’ve had several part-time retail jobs and enjoyed the fast moving environment …”
- Ask questions
What should I ask about?
- The work – what do graduates actually do?
- The workplace – where would you be working?
- Skills, experience and personal qualities - what are they looking for?
- Training and development
- Their industry and their business
- Career development
- Using your specific skills and experience
- “How was it for you?”