Before you start this quiz, remember that there are no absolute rules for CVs. The only real arbiter of a CV is whether it gets you the job or not: a CV covered in bright pink polkadots on orange paper is a successful CV if it results in a job offer!
There are 23 questions for you to answer and you will be given a score at the end. Click on "First Question" to begin.
What your score means:
- 20-23. You're a real hot shot when it comes to CVs.
- 13-19. Quite good, but a little more study of our CV pages may convert your CV from good to extra-special.
- Below 13. Sounds like your CV needs some work to get it into shape. Don't worry though, by having taken this quiz, you've already taken the first step .....
Do remember that writing CVs is not an exact science, so you might disagree with one or two of the answers given here. How many points you scored is not important as long as you have gained some understand of what makes a good CV. After all the best CVs are those in which the writer has looked at all the advice but now goes further to produce a CV is a style that most suits them as an individual.
- Action verbs
- Example CVs and Covering Letters
- Competency-based applications and interviews
- Choosing and Using Referees
- Mature Students
- Working Abroad