This is an example of a good standard CV (also called a competency-based CV) for a student studying computer science.
You can place the mouse over underlined parts of the CV to get hints and tips.
STANDARD GRADUATE CV
PLACE THE MOUSE CURSOR OVER ANY UNDERLINED TEXT IN THE CV TO GET TIPS
Tel. (0161) 351 4039
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
University of Kent BSc(Hons.) Computer Science 2010 - 2013
Software Engineering, Compiling Techniques, Cryptography,
Digital Systems, Operating Systems and Robotics.
I obtained 62% in my 2nd year exams equivalent to a 2:1
Sherborne College 2008 - 2011
'A' Levels: Mathematics A, Physics C, Chemistry D.
St. John's Boys School, Hastings. 2003 - 2008
Tourist Information Office, Canterbury Summer 2011
Hastings City Council Summer 2009
Simple Simon's Public House, Canterbury. Sept. 2011 - present
Part-time barwork throughout the year serving customers and cashing up.
ACTIVITIES AND INTERESTS
- Secretary of the Crypography Society, involved booking speakers.
- Helped to organise a charity fun run for Rag Week
- Have fundraised for the World Land Trust who buy and save endangered rainforests.
- With a passion for finding eye-catching images, photography has become an interest of mine. With self-motivation, I have taught myself how to use Photoshop, and I have created my own website
- Other interests include current affairs and reading sci-fi novels.
- Computing Skills: Knowledge of Linux and Windows 7. Programming skills in Java, Haskell and Modula 3. Good knowledge of SQL and XML.
- Good level of spoken German.
- Full, clean driving licence.
PLACE THE MOUSE CURSOR OVER ANY UNDERLINED TEXT IN THE CV TO GET TIPS.
With thanks to Overlib