The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
Paralympic Games 2012 - Disability and Dyslexia Support Service Quiz
The University's Disability and Dyslexia Support Service is pleased to announce the launch of a Paralympic Games quiz to coincide with the 2012 Paralympic Games.
The Disability and Dyslexia Support Service (DDSS) is based at Keynes College, Canterbury Campus and the Gillingham Building, Medway Campus.
There were 1777 disabled students registered at the University during 2011 – 2012. The DDSS is the Professional Service with responsibility for working with students, academic schools and other Professional Services to enable disabled students to access the University and benefit from the wide range of courses and facilities available at the University.
The DDSS employs staff with the skills, experience and qualifications to support students with their academic studies:
- Specialist Advisers and Tutors for students with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Specialist Advisers and Mentors for students with mental health conditions
- Disability Advisers for students with physical, sensory and medical conditions
- Specialist Adviser for International Students
- Specialist Tutor for Student with Autistic Spectrum Disorders
- Disabled Students Allowance Adviser
- Senior / Educational Support Assistants
Students and staff are invited to take part in our Quiz.
The prizes include:
- Two tee-shirts, one of which has been signed by Paralympic competitors
- A book of Paralympic heroes
To take part please go to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ParalympicQuiz
The quiz will close on Sunday 9th September to coincide with the final day of the Games. The quiz is not open to DDSS staff and their families.
Story published at 12:25pm 24 August 2012
Send us your stories
Fill out our story form and we could help publicise your news to staff, students and the media.