The University of Kent, Canterbury, Kent, CT2 7NZ, T +44 (0)1227 764000
About the School of Arts
The School of Arts gets great student feedback and performs consistently well in higher education league tables. Here are seven good reasons to choose an arts course at Kent.
Our award-winning Jarman building at the heart of the University’s Canterbury campus incorporates professional standard studios, workshops and editing suites plus a stunning gallery space, Studio 3. Drama, Film and History & Philosophy of Art are based here, close to the cathedral city of Canterbury.
- Ranked 13th in the UK for Art & Design in the 2013 Guardian University Guide.
- Ranked 14th in the UK for Art & Design in the 2013 Times Good University Guide.
- Ranked 6th in the UK for Art & Design graduating students' employment prospects in the 2013 Guardian University Guide.
- Ranked 13th in the UK for Drama, Dance & Cinematics in the 2013 Guardian University Guide.
- Ranked 11th in the UK for Drama, Dance & Cinematics in the 2013 Times Good University Guide.
- Ranked 12th for research quality in Drama, Dance & Performing Arts in the RAE 2008.
- Ranked 4th in the UK for Cinematics & Photography and 12th for Drama in the National Student Survey 2011.
At both sites, we offer a range of highly successful undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes, all with important links to professions and practice. The School has a national and international reputation for its dynamism and innovation in teaching and research, reflected in the distinctiveness of its programmes and the quality and impact of staff research outcomes
The University of Kent offers a generous undergraduate scholarship for Academic Excellence to students who achieve AAA over three A levels (or the equivalent specified qualifications). More information on this scholarship can be found here.